We have significantly improved the client side app across multiple fronts, this update has fixed many long standing bugs and made the app overall faster to use, especially on low powered mobile devices.
This update represents a complete refactor of the client side codebase which opens the door to more advanced features such as “save or share your design” and “live quoting custom images”, along with ensuring we are building on a solid foundation that will allow us to iterate more quickly with new features and minimise the possibility of introducing new bugs.
Below are the key areas of improvement
- 15% smaller file size for initial payload ( faster to download and render initially )
- Increased typing to text render speed by 4X
- Increased speed for selecting and rendering all client side options by 3X
- Improved time to render new measurements
- Improved visualiser text size re-render speed by 4X
- Custom size measurements now render live as the user moves the slider.
- Moved to a native select input on mobile and made it easier to provide custom css to the select input and options on desktop and mobile
- Fix typing issues on Android devices affecting sign text visualisation when using certain keyboards
- Fixed bug preventing the new product to generate when certain backboard colour options were not selected on mobile